QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER ABOUT DEMONS
1) Where does Satan and Demons Dwell? The earth realm, the hearts of non believers.
a. Jesus gives us the example of the unclean spirit and the heart. MATTHEWS 12:35, 44 “I will return to my house from which I came”. “and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.”
b. The devil also want to be worship and imitate God: II CORINTHIANS 6:16 “as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” 1 CORITHIANS 6:19 “Body temple of God.”
c. Ephesians 2:2 “to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience”
d. Some demons where cast into hell, this is more of prison than a dwelling 2 Peter 2:4
e. More Roaming of the earth than dwelling Job 1:7, 2 Peter 5:8
2) Can the Devil Read Your Mind? Only God is omniscient.
a. MATHEWS 24:36 “knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”
b. Only God knows our thoughts Hebrew 4:12 “is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
c. PSALMS 94:11 The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they [are] vanity.
d. 1 CHRONICLES 28:9 “the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:” 2 CHRONICLES 6:30.
3) Can a Christian Be Demon Possess? No.
a. I JOHN 4:4 ”Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
b. I JOHN 5:18 “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.”
c. PSALMS 5:4 “For thou [art] not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.” (1 Cor 3:16 “ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you” (1 Cor. 6:19)
4) What is the problem with the Ouija Board? It is not the board but what is behind the board, demons. Can open a door.
a. ISAIAH 45:11 “Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
b. DANIEL 2:28 “But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets”
c. ISAIAH 8:19 “And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?”
5) What is the difference between NDE (Near Death Experience) and OBE (Out of Body Experience) ?
a. NDE requires the individual to clinically die for a short time.
b. OBD can occur as a conscious choice or be unpredictable. The human spirit pulls away from the body and moves into the astral.
6) What is wrong with practicing Astrology?
a. ISAIAH 47:13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from [these things] that shall come upon thee.( ISAIAH 8:19)
b. JEREMIAH 8:2 “the sun, and the moon, and all the host of heaven, whom they have loved, and whom they have served” God punish Judah for their practices.
7) Are there territorial demons and if so how do we deal with them? “All of these passages imply that fallen angels have been given some type of responsibility over a certain area. Thus, they seem to be territorial. However, we need to remember that this is by inference; the Bible never explicitly defines a hierarchy of demonic authority and control in the world. What the Bible is clear about is that demons are definitely at work in the spiritual realm and that believers are very much involved in a battle against them.” [C. Fred Dickerson]
a. Ephesians 6:12 (NIV) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
b. Mark 5:10 (NIV) And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.
c. DANIEL 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
d. John 14:30 (NIV) I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,
We deal with them with fasting and prayer (MARK 9:29): JAMES 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
e. JUDE 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
f. ACTS 16:18 “ But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
8) How can you tell if someone is demon possessed? Luke 8:26-33,38,39 gives us 8 characteristics which are typical of demon possession:
a. Demon is actually resident in the person concerned.
b. The unusual strength exhibited by the possessed person.
c. There is visible conflict within the possessed person.
d. There is phenomenon resistance/opposition to the things of God.
e. There is a sign of clairvoyance.
f. The possessed person has the ability to speak with voices that is not theirs (foreign languages).
g. The possessed person can experience sudden deliverance when they come in contact with the Lord Jesus Christ.
9) Can demons return to a person’s body? Not if their saved:
a. MATTHEW 12:43-45 “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out”
b. Mark 5:3-13 “And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. “ “And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.”
10) What is wrong with Halloween? It is forbidden territory for Christians: Deut.18:10