Islam and Christianity
Christianity and Islam prophesied in the Jewish Scriptures:
Judaism is the cradle of the three great Western monotheistic Religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Both, Christianity and Islam were prophesied in the Jewish Scriptures:
1- Christianity: God promised to Abraham through Isaac two things:
"I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." (Genesis 22:16-18).
2- Islam: God promised to Abraham through Ishmael another two things:
9 Then the angel of the LORD told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her." 10 The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants that they will be too numerous to count."
Still more in Genesis on Ishmael:
Hagar and Ishmael Sent Away :
8 The child Isaac grew and was weaned, and on the day Isaac was weaned Abraham held a great feast. 9 But Sarah saw that the son, Ishmael whom Hagar the Egyptian had borne to Abraham was mocking, 10 and she said to Abraham, "Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with my son Isaac."
11 The matter distressed Abraham greatly because it concerned his son. 12 But God said to him, "Do not be so distressed about the boy and your maidservant. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring [b] will be reckoned. 13 I will make the son of the maidservant into a nation also, because he is your offspring."
14 Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the desert of Beersheba.
15 When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. 16 Then she went off and sat down nearby, about a bowshot away, for she thought, "I cannot watch the boy die." And as she sat there nearby, she began to sob.
17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. 18 Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation."
19 Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.
20 God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. 21 While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt (Genesis 21:8-20)
Jesus and Mohammed:
- Muhammad stated he was not God... and all the 1.1 billion Muslims agree.
- Muhammad was never prophesied.. All Muslims agree on this
- Muhammad never made any "miracle", he stated he never made one, only "The Koran" is his standing miracle... and all the Muslims agree
- Muhammad himself launched 80 war campaigns during the ten years from his migration in A.D. 622 to his death in A.D. 632 though some of them were nothing more than reconnaissance missions... http://www.biblia.com/islam/islam.htm
- Muhammad did not resurrect physically after death... his remains are still at the courtyard of the mosque in Medinah, where he lived.
6- In you!:
- Muhammad never claimed to live inside a Muslim... and all Muslims agree.
- Jesus claimed he will resurrect to live inside every Christian... free!... by grace!... you have only to believe that he is God, who died on a Cross to save you, and resurrected to live in your heart... and no matter if you are poor or rich, good or criminal... if you believe in Jesus, and do what he says, you can have right now Jesus in your heart... every Christian is a "temple of God", a "new creature"... and you can have it free... only "believe" right now... try Jesus!... he is the only one God, the only one Allah... and he is at your side right now, trying to fill you with his love, his joy, and his peace... on earth... and for eternity...I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. (Galatians`2:20)
The Jerome Bible Commentary, book by book
Other Web Sites of Dr. Dominguez
Public domain text. May be distributed freely. No rights reserved.